POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bump_maps + Mesh + MegaPov? : Re: Bump_maps + Mesh + MegaPov? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bump_maps + Mesh + MegaPov?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 Jan 2001 04:13:46
Message: <3A62BF23.65F74535@inapg.inra.fr>
GrimDude wrote:

> I haven't had any trouble stacking pigments, but everytime I stack normals I
> get problems. Is there a trick to applying more then a single bump_map to a
> single surface?

You can trying averaging normals.
normal{
    average
    normal_map{
        [1 bump_map1] // the number is the weight of the map
        [1 bump_map2]
    }
}
In fact, the doc says that "average was originally designed to be used in a
normal statement with a normal_map as a method of specifying more than one
normal pattern on the same surface", so this may be the most efficient way to do
it.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com